Rhubarb Cottage - Terms and Conditions
The legal points:
1. Rhubarb Cottage must be used as a private holiday residence for the
occupation only of the persons specified on the booking form (The Hirers).
2. The number of persons occupying Rhubarb Cottage must not exceed six,
for which beds and linen are provided. Any exceptions to this must be
agreed with the owners at the time of booking.
3. The cottage should be left in a clean and tidy state on departure.
The hirers will vacate it at the termination time and date without any
prior warning or process of law.
4. The hirers’ car(s) is parked outside of the cottage at the hirers’
own risk and all personal possessions are left on the premises at the
hirers’ own risk.
5. No responsibility is accepted by the owners for any accidental mishap
to persons or property whilst on the premises, or whilst engaged in any
activity therefrom, or for any illness or injury arising from cause whatsoever.
6. The owners may cancel the booking if the cottage becomes unsuitable
for occupation due to circumstances beyond their reasonable control, such
as flood or fire damage. In such a situation a full refund will be made
of all sums paid. The owners will have no further liability to the hirers.
7. If, for any reason outside of the control of the owners, the cottage
is not available to the hirers on the date of their confirmed booking,
the owners will offer the hirer alternative dates, waiving any administration
charges for the service. The hirer will not be entitled to any further
claim from the owners.
8. Access by the owners may be required on occasions.
9. No smoking is permitted inside Rhubarb Cottage. Any evidence of smoking
inside the cottage will result in the loss of the total deposit.
10. A £75 damage deposit is payable. The damage deposit will be
repaid within 7 working days, providing that the cottage and its contents
are in the original state, as the hirers found it, at the commencement
of their holiday. The hirers should notify the owners of any breakage
or damage and re-imburse them prior to departure. The cost of any damages
which have not been re-imbursed will be deducted from the damage deposit.
11. The BT Broadband internet connection is provided on a 'best endeavours'
basis and access to the internet cannot be guaranteed. In the event of
the hirer's wireless enabled laptop not being able to access the internet
a refund will be made of any monies paid for the use of this facility.
Any additional charges incurred from BT as a result of excessive data
downloads or phone calls will be deducted from the hirer's damage deposit.
12. Any pets which are on holiday with their owners must be kept strictly
under control. In particular, they must not be allowed on the furniture,
including chairs and beds. The hirers will forfeit their £75 damage
deposit, in full, if pets’ hair is found on furniture, to cover
the cost of the extra cleaning.
13. A 25% deposit is payable at the time of booking and the balance (plus
the £75 damage deposit) is payable at least six weeks before commencement
of the hire period. In the case of bookings within six weeks of the hire
date, the full cost of the hire is payable at the time of booking.
14. Only those guests named on the Booking Form may stay in Rhubarb Cottage.
Under no circumstances may guests invite additional persons unless previously
agreed with the owners.
15. Guests are forbidden from holding a party at Rhubarb Cottage during
16. The reduced '4 person or less' price is based on the use of 2 bedrooms
only. If 3 bedrooms are utilised, the full price will apply.
17. Cancellation - If the hirers have to cancel the holiday,
they must notify the owners immediately. The owners will attempt to re-let
the property. Until the owners are able to re-let the property for the
period of the hire, all balances must be paid, as and when they become
due. If the owners cannot re-let the cottage, the hirers will remain liable
for the full cost of any part of the holiday that is not re-let. If the
owners are able to re-let the hire period, they will refund to the hirers
whatever the hirers have paid at that time, less an administration charge
of 15% of the total value of the holiday.
A word of advice:
You are strongly recommended to take out Holiday Cancellation Insurance.
To obtain a quotation, click on the following link:
Holiday Cancellation Insurance
Note: The owners of Rhubarb Cottage do not receive any payment
whatsoever from any insurance policy taken out with Schofields. However,
it will be a sound investment for you, in the unlikely event of a holiday